- Application DUE: March, 2024
Review and semi-finalists selected: March 14 — March 31, 2023 Semi-finalists interview: April 3 — 7, 2023 Finalists selected: May 5, 2023 Submission of verification forms (e.g., Spring transcript): May 22, 2023 Notification of SFS scholars: May 26, 2023 Acceptance DUE: June 23 FRI, 2023
Students who are interested in applying for the SFS Program must complete the web-based application form below with the required documents uploaded (except two letters of recommendation):
- Most current resume and/or curriculum vitae
Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (i.e., photocopy of transcripts accepted).Transcripts are required to apply. Students at Penn State may supply their unofficial transcripts using the print-out from LionPath. Transfer students (B.S.) or Graduate students (Ph.D. Students, M.S. students or M.S. Applicants) may provide photocopies of transcripts from previous institutions.
- A statement of purpose detailing academic, professional, and personal goals, and how participation in the Scholarship for Service Program will help achieve these goals
- A recent writing sample that is no more than 10 pages. Writing skills are a critical discriminator during hiring processes and will be heavily weighted during your evaluation for the SFS Scholarship
- Two letters of recommendation must be directly emailed from the letter writers to email@example.com (arrange to have them arrive by above application DUE)
NOTE: Applicants can also drop off all materials in person at the PI Dongwon Lee’s office (305D Steam Services Building)
NOTE: All submitted applications are kept confidential and never shared outside of the SFS application review committee. Those applications not selected will be shredded.