- Application DUE: March 14 SUN, 2021
- Review and semi-finalists selected: March 15 — April 4, 2021
- Semi-finalists interview: April 5 — 9, 2021
- Finalists selected: April 25, 2021
- Acceptance DUE: May 30 SUN, 2021
Students who are interested in applying for the SFS Program must complete the web-based application form below with the required documents uploaded (except two letters of recommendation):
- Most current resume and/or curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (i.e., photocopy of transcripts accepted).
- A statement of purpose detailing academic, professional, and personal goals, and how participation in the Scholarship for Service Program will help achieve these goals
- A recent writing sample that is no more than 10 pages. Writing skills are a critical discriminator during hiring processes and will be heavily weighted during your evaluation for the SFS Scholarship
- Two letters of recommendation must be directly emailed from the letter writers to email@example.com (arrange to have them arrive by above application DUE)
NOTE: Applicants can also drop off all materials in person at the PI Dongwon Lee’s office (305D Steam Services Building)
NOTE: All submitted applications are kept confidential and never shared outside of the SFS application review committee. Those applications not selected will be shredded.